UBC recognizes individual investigators who demonstrate excellence in research through a suite of seven annual research awards and fellowships that span all disciplines in the sciences, applied sciences, medicine, arts, social sciences, and humanities.
Summary of changes in 2023:
- The Contextual Perspective and Research Impact sections are now required sections for the Killam Accelerator Research Fellowship and the Killam Faculty Research Fellowship.
- The internal awards (except for the Killam Accelerator Research Fellowship) now only require at least 1 tenured or tenure track faculty nominator or in the case of the PAPEM, at least 1 nominating colleague.
- Letters of support submitted with a confirmed conflict of interest will be excluded from the package, rendering the nomination incomplete. Incomplete packages will not be reviewed.
These awards have two nomination stages:
- Expression of Intent (EOI) due Friday, September 15, 2023, 11:59 pm. This optional stage assists in planning and EOIs are not evaluated. Nominations can still be submitted if the EOI deadline is missed. Note: EOI not requested for Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships given the required Faculty-led nomination process.
- Full Nomination due Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:59 pm. All required components must be submitted through the nomination form, and Killam Faculty Research Fellowship referee letters must be received by ORPA.