Heather Frost, Director
Heather is the Director of ORPA (Office of Research Prizes and Awards), as well as SPARC (Support Programs to Advance Research Capacity), which together provide central development support for award nominations and research grants.
Contact Heather if: You have questions about high-level research prize and grant strategy, support, and promotions at UBC, or other inquiries related to ORPA or SPARC.
ORPA's Award Nomination Development team is available for consultation, reviews and other support for research prize and award nominations. Read more about our support and services here, and find who to contact below:
Meaghan is responsible for managing the team's award nomination support, and also leads award and prize opportunities in the natural sciences and engineering domains, including but not limited to:
- NSERC prizes:
- Arthur B. McDonald Fellowships
- Gerhard Herzberg Gold Medal, Brockhouse, John C. Polanyi, Donna Strickland, Synergy Awards
- Steacie Prize
- Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award
- Simons Investigators and Fellows
Contact Meaghan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin McCartney, Award Nomination Development Officer, Health
Kevin is responsible for leading award nomination support for award and prize opportunities in the health domain, including but not limited to:
- Lasker Awards
- Canadian Academy of Health Sciences
- Canadian Medical Hall of Fame
- Henry G. Friesen International Prize
- Canada Gairdner Awards
- CIHR Institute Awards
Contact Kevin: email@example.com
Stephanie O’Neill, Award Nomination Development Officer, Social Sciences and Humanities
Stephanie is responsible for leading award nomination support for award and prize opportunities in the social sciences, humanities, and arts domains, including but not limited to:
- SSHRC Impact Awards
- Guggenheim Fellowships
- Canada Council Molson Prizes
- Governor General’s Awards in Visual and Media Arts
- Governor General's Performing Arts Awards
Stephanie is also the ORPA lead on:
- NRC Killam Prizes and Dorothy Killam Fellowships
- BBVA Frontiers of Knowledge Awards
- CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
- Royal Society of Canada: Fellows, College Members, Medals and Awards
Contact Stephanie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariah Ho, Internal Research Awards Coordinator
Mariah is responsible for the administration of UBC’s Internal Research Awards as well as the internal selection for external awards and prizes. She also provides administrative support to SPARC (Support Programs to Advance Research Capacity), which provides central development support for research grants.
Contact Mariah if you have questions about the internal research awards nominations, adjudication, or UBC Research Awards Committees.
Contact Mariah: email@example.com
General prizes mailbox monitored by the ORPA team
Contact to report a nomination or award win, with general questions or suggestions, or if you need help directing your query within ORPA.