The World Food Prize Foundation
The World Food Prize is awarded for a specific, exceptionally significant, individual achievement that advances human development with a demonstrable increase in the quantity, quality, availability of, or access to food through creative interventions at any point within the full scope of the food system.
Fields of achievement include, but are not limited to:
- soil and land;
- plant and animal science;
- food science and technology;
- rural development;
- food processing, packaging and storage;
- water and the environment;
- natural resource conservation;
- physical infrastructure;
- transportation and distribution;
- special or extraordinary feeding programs;
- social organization and poverty elimination;
- economics and finance; policy analysis and implementation; and
- public advocacy.