Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
The SSHRC Impact Awards are designed to build on and sustain Canada’s research-based knowledge culture in all research areas of the social sciences and humanities. The awards recognize outstanding researchers and celebrate their research achievements, research training, knowledge mobilization and outreach activities funded partially or completely by SSHRC.
UBC is limited to one nomination per award, so the Office of the VP Research & Innovation is seeking nominations and will coordinate an internal selection process for the Gold Medal, Insight, Connection and Partnership Awards. Self-nominations are not permitted, and departments, divisions, institutes, schools, and faculties are encouraged to embed equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in their nomination strategies.
Before considering a nomination, please carefully review the SSHRC criteria and instructions.
Please submit a 250-word rationale and updated UBC CV by Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 11:59 pm: SSHRC Impact Award internal selection form
- The AVP Research and Innovation and/or an adjudication committee will review all preliminary selection materials.
- Candidates/teams selected to advance will be notified in early February.
- Selected candidates/teams will complete the full package for submission to SSHRC. The VPRI will provide nomination development support, including editorial review of the nomination documents.
- Institutional sign-off will be provided by the VP Research & Innovation.
- The VPRI Office will submit the final nomination to SSHRC before the April 1, 2023 deadline.
Questions? Contact Stephanie O’Neill, Award Nomination Development Officer, SSH email@example.com