Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
The annual Synergy Awards for Innovation recognize the impacts and outcomes of effective research collaborations with industry partners in two categories: university partnerships, and college partnerships.
Please note the following changes in the 2022 call for nominations:
- The previous three university-focused categories of 'small and medium companies', 'large companies', and 'two or more companies' have been consolidated into one broad category of university partnerships.
- Partner eligibility has been broadened to include public and not-for-profit partnering organizations in addition to private sector ones.
- The award scope has been broadened to include social and environmental benefits to Canada and Canadians.
- The partner voucher/award has increased from $30,000 to $50,000. (The university winner receives a $200,000 grant)
- Nominator parameters have expanded, and the nomination process no longer requires a letter of support from the VP Research.
- The 2022 deadline of April 19 is slightly later than in previous years (was April 15).
For nomination support: Contact Meaghan Miller, Award Nomination Development Officer, NSE firstname.lastname@example.org.